The Perfect Castaway is the twelfth episode of season four of Family Guy. It is the seventy-fourth episode, overall.
Peter has trouble pulling his weight as a fisherman, since all the fish coming by are too small.
- Peter Griffin
- Lois Griffin
- Brian Griffin
- Seamus Levine
- Glenn Quagmire
- Cleveland Brown
- Joe Swanson
- Chris Griffin
- Meg Griffin
- Stewie Griffin
- Father Bob
- Tom Tucker
- Ollie Williams
- Vern and Johnny
- Mayor Adam West
- Patty Tanniger
- Michael Moore
- Victoria Gilmore
- Rory Gilmore
- Ponce De Leon Griffin
- Death (Cameo)
- Herbert the Pervert (Cameo)
- Francis Griffin (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Thelma Griffin (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Bonnie Swanson (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Kevin Swanson (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Cleveland Jr. (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Loretta Brown (Mentioned)
- Peter officially ends his career as a fisherman in this episode.
- In "Barely Legal", Stewie had a cling, where he put too much emphasis on the "H" in "Cool Whip", always pronouncing it as "Cool Hwip". In this episode, however, he says "Cool Whip" normally, when entering the room, asking "Lois, I smell cool whip, are you making strawberry shortcake?"
- The title references the films, The Perfect Storm and Castaway.
- Lois and Brian watch Gilmore Girls, in a scene in which the mother and daughter talk very fast; a reference to the manner in which dialog is spoken in the show, often fast-paced and laden with pop references.
- Peter misses Captain Caveman, a Hanna-Barbera cartoon character from the late 1970s. He keeps a picture of Captain Caveman in a pocket watch, just as Tom Hanks’s character kept a picture of Helen Hunt’s character in Castaway.
- Meg went on a date with the announcer from Super Friends.
- During a cutaway, Peter recalls a farting contest he had in a bathroom with Michael Moore. They eventually break into the tune of “Dueling Banjos” from the film Deliverance.
- Herbert the Pervert hums “The Entertainer”, by Scott Joplin when he asks Brian if the Quahog Hummer Dealership had an ice cream truck.
- When Brian sees the silhouettes of Lois and Peter in the hotel window, he also sees Alfred Hitchcock who appeared in such a manner on his TV show, Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
- The scene where Peter sprays whipped cream from an aerosol can all over his chest and privates to seduce Lois is similar to a scene from the film, Varsity Blues.
- During their game of "Never Have I Ever", both Cleveland and Quagmire drink, when Peter says "Never Have I Ever, Slept With Cleveland's Wife." This is a reference to "The Cleveland Loretta Quagmire", when Quagmire slept with Loretta.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.