Disney is a massive evil corporation that is slowly but surely taking over the world. Originally created by Walt Disney on October 23rd, 1923, it has since grown to be by far, the largest and most domineering media conglomerates in the entire world.
Acquisition of FOX
You may think that it has nothing to do with Family Guy other than Walt Disney and Seth MacFarlane's shared opinions on Jews, but on March 20th, 2019, Disney actually bought FOX for $71.3 billion, taking massively popular and well-beloved non-Disney media such as The Simpsons, Family Guy, Empire, Glee, American Idol, Master Chef, Gotham, Hell's Kitchen, Arrested Development, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, American Dad!, The Cleveland Show, King of the Hill, Futurama, Malcolm in the Middle, Last Man Standing, Cops, Paradise Hotel, and The Four: Battle for Stardom, and turning them into Disney productions. Since then, Family Guy has technically become a Disney production. Yeah, ... Family Guy is technically a Disney show now. Feels weird saying that, but it's true.
Censorship of Family Guy
On June 26th, 2020, in light of the George Floyd protests, every animated show on FOX announced at the same time that they'd be doing a major overhaul on the casting for their POC characters with white actors, meaning every white person voicing an ethnic character will have to be replaced by a new actor, who's the same race as the character. In the case of Family Guy, this meant that such characters as Cleveland Brown, Rallo Tubbs, Consuela De La Morrela, Tricia Takanawa, and Change for a Buck would be replaced with actors of color. Clearly, this was Disney's doing, as Disney has been trying to make everything they do politically correct and this is just one of their many ploys to tame the savage hate-mobs on Twitter and keep the fuming SJWs at bay.
In some cases, such as Mike Henry with Cleveland Brown, the actors agreed that it was inappropriate for them to voice ethnic characters but in others, they're only doing this because the higher-ups are forcing them to, not that they're allowed to say it, lest they get in trouble with the mouse.
It is likely that Disney will be toning down several of Family Guy's racist/bigoted/homophobic jokes, starting with the show's 20th Season, while also injecting into the show, an over-reliance on jokes that make fun of white, cis, male, and straight people.
This is a list of companies that have been bought and dominated by Disney.
- Pixar - Believe it or not, but Pixar was once actually it's own independent company and it was doing pretty good for itself. However, in 2006, Disney noticed the blossoming little company's big success with movies like Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo, Monster's Inc. and The Incredibles and they feared the competition. Not wanting to have a company outrank, equal, or even do a decent job without it, Disney bought the company on January 25th, 2006 for $7.4 billion.
- Marvel - Disney bought Marvel Studios on August 31st, 2009 for $4.24 billion, once again, sucking up all of the money the company made and keeping it all for itself.
- Lucasfilms - On October 30th, 2012, Disney gave the world of business a huge fright, just in time for Halloween, when it bought Lucasfilms for $4.0 billion. Since then, all of George Lucas' famous productions (which literally means nothing more than the Star Wars franchise and to a unspeakably lesser degree, the Indiana Jones franchise) were officially properties of Disney.
- FOX - See "Acquisition of FOX" above.
Jokes About the Acquisition
- The episode "Disney's the Reboot" dedicates the entire episode to a fourth-wall-breaking story about Disney buying FOX and doing a bunch of ridiculous things with Family Guy, such as trying to reboot it in a bunch of nonsensical ways. There's a line from Harry Von Gyner, saying that following its purchase of FOX, Disney will soon by owned by Netflix, which will soon be owned by Pornhub, which will soon become the ultimate corporation that will take over the entire world.
- In "Christmas is Coming", Brian tries to describe Meg's orgasm to Stewie in a way that the family-friendly Disney censors will allow and says that Santa Claus "made Meg's Little Mermaid ... Moana".
- In "The Movement", a bunch of birds get decapitated and Carter looks at this in shock and exclaims "Oooh, Disney's not gunna like that."
- In "Heart Burn", Peter cues a cameo the titular character from Hercules, knowing now that they're legally allowed to use the character, but some backstage workers tell him that Disney still won't let them use the character's likeness for some reason and Peter gets mad, complaining that the entire merger was pointless.
- In "The Marrying Kind", After performing a rendition of "The Muppet Show Theme Song", Peter pulls up a trigger warning before their show, referencing to how Disney+ had recently started putting these before episodes of The Muppets.
- In "The Talented Mr. Stewie", Stewie went to a nature retreat in India, where everybody took a vow of silence. The instructor told them to act as though they all had white voice actors so of they talk, they'll get canceled. This is a reference to the then-impending removal of all white actors voicing characters of color, which was a business decision forced into FOX by Disney.