Carter Roosevelt Pewterschmidt
Founder/Owner of Pewterschmidt Industries
Wilhelm Pewterschmidt, Sr. "(father)"
"Drink my diabetic blood!"
Carter Roosevelt Pewterschmidt (born July 29, 1927) is a major recurring villain. He's the husband of Babs Pewterschmidt, the father of Lois, Carol and Patrick, the father-in-law of Peter and Adam West and the maternal grandfather of Meg, Chris, Stewie and Robin. He first appeared in "Road to Rhode Island". He is voiced by Seth MacFarlane.
In "If I'm Dyin', I'm Lyin'", Carter did absolutely nothing.
In "Peter Griffin: Husband, Father, ... Brother?", Carter accidentally revealed that one of his great ancestors was a slave owner, who owned Nate Griffin, the great ancestor of Peter Griffin, technically making it part of their family history that The Pewterschmidt Family owned The Griffin Family.
Carter has persimmon like skin, gray hair, including a mustache, a blue suit, with a white collared shirt under it, and black shoes. In his past debut's he has been shown with brown hair instead of white. When he is not wearing his usual tuxedo, he is wearing a light blue collared shirt and tan khaki pants.
Though many things can be said about Carter, it usually simplifies down to him being an asshole. Carter is a typical high-class rich prick, who looks down on and laughs at the poor and middle class. Sometimes, Carter goes out of his way to actively pull immature pranks to disturb or inconvenience people who are less rich than him just so that he can have a good laugh. However, when it comes to Lois, he still loves and cares for her deeply and would never dream of hurting her, despite the fact that she's currently living a middle class life. The only qualm he has with Lois is the fact that she married such an idiot and would be very proud of her if she dumped him. Nevertheless, he still supports his daughter even if he completely disrespects Peter. Carter has also exhibited racism against blacks and hispanics as well as bigotry against Jews. He is shown to have a bunch of overworked and underpaid migrant workers from South American countries helping him out around the house, who he is exceptionally rude to. Some flashbacks have also proven that Carter used to have black domestic workers.
- Babs Pewterschmidt - Carter is in love with his wife Babs and she is one of the few people he treats with respect.
- Lois Griffin - Carter loves his daughter Lois but doesn't approve of her marrying an idiot like Peter. He says that he'll give her all the money she asks for but she never asks for any money.
- Carol West - Carter loves his daughter Carol and is perfectly fine with spending trillions of dollars on her overly elaborate weddings and doesn't get mad at her for divorcing her husbands months after their extremely expensive weddings.
- Peter Griffin - Carter despises Peter, thinks he's a buffoon and idiot, and doesn't approve of him marrying Lois. However, Carter, in some episodes such as Screwed the Pooch, has had several good moments with Peter.
- Road to Rhode Island
- Screwed the Pooch
- If I'm Dyin', I'm Lyin'
- Peter Griffin: Husband, Father, ... Brother?
- Neighbor Pains
- Missionary Impossible
- Power Over Peter
- Peter, Peter, Caviar Eater
- Model Misbehavior
- The Fat Guy Strangler
- Death Lives
- Family Guy Viewer Mail
- Stuck Together, Torn Apart
- 8 Simple Rules for Buying My Teenage Daughter (Cameo)
- PTV (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- The Perfect Castaway
- Hell Comes to Quahog
- Bill & Peter's Bogus Journey
- You May Now Kiss the Uh ... Guy Who Receives
- No Chris Left Behind
- Mad Mex
- Ocean's Three and a Half
- Believe It or Not, Joe's Walking on Air (Cameo)
- Blue Harvest (Star Wars Version)
- Play it Again, Brian (Mentioned)
- Peter's Progress (Great Ancestor)
- Padre de Familia
- Lois Kills Stewie
- Extra Large Medium
- Family Goy
- Big Man on Hippocampus (Voice Only)
- Brian Griffin's House of Payne (Mentioned)
- Go, Stewie, Go!
- Something, Something, Something, Dark Side (Star Wars Version)
- Ratings Guy
- Quagmire's Quagmire (Mentioned)
- Baby, You Knock Me Out (Non-Speaking)
- New Kidney in Town (Mentioned)
- Trading Places
- The Mortician (Cameo)
- Thanks But No Thanksgiving
- Grumpy Old Man
- Holly Jolly Folly
- Three Kings (Storybook Version)
- Finders Keepers
- 200 Episodes Later
- Welcome Back, Carter
- Cool Hand Peter
- And I'm Joyce Kinney (Pictured)
- Quagmire and Meg
- Thanksgiving With The Griffins
- Be Careful What You Fish For (Voice Only)
- Business Guy
- Internal Affairs (Mentioned)
- Brothers & Sisters
- Tea Peter
- Welcome Back, Carter
- The Old Man and The Big C
- Road to the North Pole (Cameo)
- Lois Comes Out of Her Shell
- 12 and a Half Angry Men
- Valentine's Day in Quahog
- No Country Club for Old Men
- Yug Ylimaf
- Life of Brian
- Grimm Job (Fairytale Version)
- Black in Business
- Hot-Pocket Dial
- Christmas Guy
- Take My Wife
- Take a Letter
- Scammed Yankees
- The Simpsons Guy (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Game Guy Advance (Video Game Version)
- A Shot in the Dark
- Carter and Tricia
- Roasted Guy
- Chris Has Got a Date, Date, Date, Date, Date
- Jesus, Mary, and Joseph (Biblical Version)
- A Lot Going on Upstairs (Dream Version)
- The Boys in the Band (Cameo)
- The Woof of Wall Street
- Fresh Heir
- Gronkowsbees (Mentioned)
- V is for Mystery (Mystery Version)
- Nanny Goats
- Follow the Money
- Peter Gets Fired (Movie Version)
- Don't Be a Dickens at Christmas
- Petey IV
- Married ... With Cancer (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Married ... Without Cancer
- Regarding Carter
- Carter is a member of the Skull and Bones society and Herbert the Pervert is his superior, as seen in "No Chris Left Behind".