Stewie and Brian shrink down to microscopic size.
When Stewie returns from a less-than-ideal birthday party, he finds what turns out to be a dog whistle in his gift bag. After annoying Brian with it, the latter places it out of his reach while teasing him about being short. To get even, Stewie builds a shrink ray and turns it loose on Brian. After getting a satisfactory apology from him, Stewie turns his back to restore him to his normal size, but Brian finds himself attacked by a rat who drags him into his hole. Stewie is forced to shrink himself to enter the rat hole where he kills the rat, but when he attempts to restore the pair to their normal size, Brian pushes the wrong button and ends up shrinking them to microscopic size.
After dodging carnivorous dust mites, they befriend a group of water bears, unaware that Lois has called an exterminator for the rat who advises tenting the house. Attempting to reach Brian's computer to link it to the shrink ray with the water bears with a promise of unlimited water, a horde of dust mites pursue the group as Stewie manages to restore himself and Brian to their normal size. However, a pair of dust mites are also enlarged and start pursuing the pair as the bug bombs start to fill the house with poison. Just as it looks like they are trapped in the house, they are rescued by Tiny Tom Cruise. Peter reveals that Chris and Meg have accidentally been left inside the house as well. Meg almost decides to 'follow the light' with Prince and Alan Thicke until Peter drags them out.
With everything return back to normal, Stewie tries to reward their water bear friends with a drop of water, unfortunately drowning them all in the process.
- Lois Griffin
- Chris Griffin
- Meg Griffin
- Cleveland Brown
- Girly Friendson
- Buck-Chuck Water Bear
- JZack Water Bear
- Patrick Stewart Water Bear
- Gary Water Bear
- Consuela Water Bear
- Alan Thicke
- Jean-Claude Van Damme (Live Action)
- Abraham Lincoln (Pictured)
- Stewie: Oh, it's a dog whistle.
- [Stewie blows the dog whistle and Brian covers his ears, screaming in pain]
- Stewie: I've always wondered what that sounds like to you.
- [Stewie blows the whistle again, and Brian hears the voice of Gilbert Gottfried]
- Gilbert: DOG WHISTLE! DOG WHISTLE! WHERE ARE YOU, DOG!?
- Stewie: What's with your gay character names, lately? Stacy Jacks, Jack Reacher? Who are you playing next?
- Tom Cruise: Oh, right. Try to make this sound gay. Next up, I play Headmaster Bates Mann.
- Stewie: Anything else?
- Tom Cruise: Actually yes. After that, I'll be taking the role of Major Dixon Butts, then Senator Rod Clutcher.
- [Stewie talks out loud, as he types up a text to Brian]
- Stewie: Brian, sorry I got testy. Let's bury the hatchet. If you're free, I'd love to hear about any new writing projects, you're working ...
- [Brian knocks on the door]
- Stewie: At least wait for me to send it.
- Stewie: Well, Brian. You seemed to enjoy belittling me, so I decided to belittle you.
- Brian: I'm sorry!
- Stewie: For what?
- Brian: For calling you a shrimp.
- Stewie: And?
- Brian: What do you mean, "And"?
- Stewie: Come on, you know what I want.
- Brian: And ... all four chairs would totally turn for you, on The Voice.
- [Brian gets taken away by a rat into a rat hole]
- Stewie: Oh, crap! Don't worry Brian! I'll save you! But I'm a millennial, so first I'll have to watch a YouTube instructional video on how to do it.
- [Stewie takes out his phone and watches a YouTube instructional video by a guy named Corey]
- Corey: What's going on guys? I'm Corey and today I'm gunna teach you how to get your friend out of a rat hole. Now before we get started, be sure to smash that like button, and if you haven't already, don't forget to subscribe to my channel, Corey's World.
- Brian: [offscreen] STEWIE! HURRY UP!
- Stewie: Hey, give me a minute man! The video hasn't even started yet!
- Corey: Also if you stick around until the end of my video, I'll give you a code for a free I-Phone 7 giveaway, for the first twenty five people to enter it.
- Brian: [offscreen] STEWIE!
- Stewie: Quiet!
- Corey: And guys, I'll get to as many comments as I can, but I can't get to all of them. Now, before we start this video, let me tell you about Virtual Shield.
- Brian: [offscreen] STEWIE GRIFFIN! WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG!?
- Stewie: Brian, we're only three minutes into the video, the intro hasn't even happened yet. Hold your horses.
- Brian: [offscreen] Just skip ahead of all this!
- Stewie: Shh! This is important!
- Corey: I'll provide links in the description below. Be sure to check that out. And another thing.
- Brian: [offscreen] Ugh!
- Corey: If you find this video to be informative, don't forget to check out my other videos, like how to play guitar, how to tie a tie, and how to walk forwards.
- Stewie: Uh, Brian? This might be a while.
- [Stewie goes to one of Corey's other videos]
- Corey: What's going on guys? I'm Corey. Before I teach you how to play the guitar, let me tell you about my favorite anti-malware computer software.
- Stewie: I'll have what she's having.
- Brian: Took you long enough.
- Stewie: Yeah, sorry. I needed to watch another one of Corey's videos, cuz I kept on walking backwards.
- Exterminator: Hi, I'm the exterminator.
- Peter: An Ex-Terminator? So, you used to be a Terminator?
- Exterminator: No, I kill rats and bugs.
- Peter: And Sarah Connor.
- Lois: No, Peter. We have a rat.
- Exterminator: My stuffs in my truck. [puts on shades] I'll be back.
- Vernon: My name's Vernon. I'm a water bear.
- Brian: Water bear? What's a water bear.
- Stewie: They're predominantly water-dwelling, eight-legged, segmented micro-animals. They're also known as a moss piglet or a tardigrade.
- Vernon: You can call me "Tardy", but I'm always on time.
- Black Water Bear: Flagellum? I don't even know 'em!
- Brian: I can't believe there's this whole universe, hidden here in your rug ... where everyone speaks English.
- Stewie: Okay, Brian, take the ride.
- Gay Water Bear: I'm the gay one, but ... I'm not ... like, doing the gay voice.
- Patrick Stewart Water Bear: Patrick Stewart!
- [Meg and Chris suffer through gaseous rat poison, and a portal to the other side opens and Prince comes out]
- Prince: Meg, Chris, come to the light.
- Chris: Meg, no! Don't do it! Don't go to Prince!
- Prince: Come to the purple light, Meg. Come taste infinity!
- Chris: Don't listen to him, Meg!
- Meg: But he's so talented and he's got so many drugs.
- Gay Water Bear: Oh my gay God!
- Stewie: [referring to a well-endowed pony at a birthday party petting zoo] The pony was magnificent.
- Lois: [oblivious to Stewie's comment] The pony was magnificent.
- Stewie pretends to be a Calico cat with the male name, "Humphrey". This character is rather ridiculous, as there are very few male Calico cats.
- Brian hates the sound of dog whistles, because it emulates the sound of Gilbert Gottfreid, screaming at him.
- Stewie erroneously refers to himself as a "Millennial", but due to him being born in the year 2000, this makes him a member of "Generation Z".
- This episode was originally registered under the title "Shrinky Dinks".
- Lois likes to pretend she's asleep, so she won't have to have sex with Peter.
- The episode title is a reference to the Kurt Russell film Big Trouble in Little China.
- The original title, "Shrinky Dinks" a reference to the toy of the same name.
- The Jean-Claude Van Damme film clip is from Kickboxer.
- The music that plays from the film is Feeling So Good Today by Paul Hertzog.
- Stewie dreams of one day being a contestant on The Voice.
- Stewie says "I'll Have What She's Having" from When Harry Met Sally.
- Stewie imitates Tom Hanks' character from "Forrest Gump".
- Stewie and Brian talk about lattices being prominent in 80's movie, like Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sixteen Candles, Risky Business, Home Alone, and Parenthood.
- Tom Cruise goes to The Church of Spaceship Beep-Boop. This is a reference to Tom Cruise being a Scientologist.
- The Gay Waterbear references to the famous LGBT YouTuber, GayGod.